headline photo

Review: Azure Salon Brazilian Blowout

Monday, December 23, 2013

After 4 consecutive years of having a hair rebond treatment, I decided to try something new. I want to control my frizzy hair without totally eliminating the natural waviness. Here's a brief description of Brazilian Blowout:

Smoothing treatments remove up to 95% of the frizz, add reflective shine, seal in color, fight humidity, and decrease blow dry time (if you even choose to blow dry after having this treatment). Additionally, hair can be curled or set on rollers for those days you want curls and more bounce.
                                    - Perfect Hair Duo MODERNMOM website


Reminder: Brazilian Blowout is not a straightening treatment where chemicals altered the bonds of the hair to become permanently straight. Since brazilian blowout is only a smoothing treatment, it will only last averagelyup to 3 months because the treatment has effect only on the hair surface.

Since group buying sites are the norm for coupon junkies, I decided to look for the best deals and then I saw this:



Not bad knowing that a salon in Katipunan has lots of clientele, the deal comes with a choice of brazilian keratin blowout or hair rebond. Including with this deal are haircut, shampoo and blow dry. Since the price difference with an additional treatment is 300 pesos, I bought the 1299 one.


I called the salon and reserved a slot, a week in advance. I went to Azure Salon on the first day of its redemption period, Nov 27.

Honestly, the building and the front door didn't show coziness.



When I entered the salon, there are shell decorations. When I asked the staff about this, she said that the former name of Azure Salon is Kabibe Salon.

Ground floor reception displaying iCure products
The ground floor's space is nice but small. I am glad that they have WiFi and sofa so visitors can comfortably wait for their turn. When I was asked to climb their cute spiral staircase to the second floor for my hair washing, I found the room nice. I like the color combination, it looks professional.

Azure salon second floor reception
2nd floor reception

2nd floor
After having my hair washed and having a matrix treatment damped on my hair for not more than five minutes, I felt my neck got stiffed for the minutes endured for trying to lie comfortably on their sink.
By the way, matrix treatment was used to soften hair especially the dry and chemically treated ones.
I climbed down to the ground floor and asked to be seated on the salon chair.


While playing with my ipad mini, I take selfie pictures :)

After the staff towel dried my hair, she put the Brazilian keratin blowout medicine for 30 mins.

Ironing my hair



 After the hair ironing part, as far as I remember, the hair stylist came and did the haircut first before the staff came again and she blow-dried my hair. She told me that I must not wash my hair for 2 days and unlike rebond, I can tie my hair immediately after washing. The whole process took about 4 hours.

This is the result after the process:


The staff advised me to buy the iCure Shampoo and Conditioner because it has no sodium sulfate. I asked her the price and decided that I will not buy it since I just found that it's too expensive and I am already aware of the cheapest finds to buy these.

I am glad she did not pressure me to buy their products unlike other salons where they will pester and annoy you several times to buy the products.

Sodium Sulfate is usually listed as sodium lauryl sulfate. It is a chemical found in shampoos and soaps thus making a thick lather or bubble effect while washing and bathing.

On having the post brazilian blowout after-care treatment, it is better to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner because it is gentler and it will make the treatment lasts until 3 months.

Upon returning home:


After 12 days of brazilian blowout:

Upon waking up


At evening


Since I am not the type who is really diligent blow-drying my hair, I am satisfied with the results since even I only let my hair dry, my stresses and frizz is manageable.


                           
Shampoo and conditioner shipped from desertikas. The pair costs 800 pesos with 50 pesos shipping cost.

Azure Salon is located at Unit C-D Alcal Bldg. Katipunan Avenue Loyola Heights Quezon City (infront of Ateneo Gym, Beside Cravings CCA).

From LRT 1 Katipunan station, you can ride a jeep and tell the driver to stop at the overpass near Ateneo Gym.

0 comments: