headline photo

Battle of the Xiao Long Baos part 2: Lugang Cafe

Friday, August 16, 2013

This is the continuation of my last week's post:

Battle of the Xiao Long Baos: Shi Lin and Peace & Happiness


After 4 hours of studying Japanese, I often craved for Xiao Long bao so upon returning home, from Trinoma, I'll have to cross the mall bridge and pass through a lot of people on my way to satisfy my cravings at SM North the Block.

At last! I have reached this restaurant. Yey! Even though I am a frequent customer here.

The restaurant's name is somewhat disgusting for some but it is really clean. I wonder why they chose Lugang Cafe instead of Lukang Cafe. Lukang 鹿港 is one of the places in northwestern Taiwan.

store front of Lugang Cafe

I like the restaurant's look and under those tables, there are handbag holders
The cooks are making dumplings at the left side
Looks mouthwatering just like in Hong Kong but surely expensive (T T)
This is the only restaurant that I have visited where waiters are using two way radio headsets/earphone mics. They use it so communication will be easier and orders will reach to the cooks asap. Waiters are also polite and are really attentive despite of many customers ordering for this Sunday lunch. I just remembered that we went here to celebrate Father's day and still, the service was really good. Foods and drinks were still delicious.

Here it is! Lugang Cafe's Xiao Long bao:


Xiao Long bao
Today's Xiao Long bao: One of these has too much meat :)
The soup's tasty and in this pic, I have already sipped more than 1/4 teaspoon of it

The whole ground pork found inside

Despite that xiao long bao here is the most expensive that I've tried (but the price gap from Shi Lin isn't really big, I think maybe just less than 100 Php price difference. Sorry, I lost the receipt ^^), the services are really the best but ambiance wise, Shi Lin is the best.   

Lugang Cafe's dough doesn't break easily and the meat doesn't fall easily unlike in Shi Lin.

If spot.ph declared Shi Lin as their #1, For me it is Lugang Cafe.

If you want to know more about Lugang Cafe, just visit their official website.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! :)